Welcome to the Southwest Ohio Chapter of
the Air & Waste Management Association
Breakfast with the Regulators
On February 21, 2013, the Southwest Ohio Chapter (SWOC) of the Air & Waste Management Association kicked off our initial meeting of the year with a “Breakfast with the Regulators” seminar held at RAPCA HQ in Downtown Dayton!
Our RAPCA meeting was co-sponsored by RAPCA, and CEECO Equipment (Arnie Beringer).
The program featured presentations by RAPCA Director, John Paul; Cemex environmental manager, Robert Hocks; and OEPA staff Brad Houser and Karen Hale. All the presenters did an excellent job with their respective topics with Mr. Paul, Houser and Ms. Hale presenting the Agency viewpoint, and Mr. Hocks sharing the Industrial viewpoint
Their talks included:
- Air "Hot Topics" updates by Mr. Paul where he covered items including-Priority Air Issues, National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) providing updates on the standard, our Ohio Statewide air quality data, the Dayton air quality, Dayton inventory and future plans. Mr. Paul covered the National rules and recent court decisions and did an excellent job of putting it all in perspective as to where this is all headed. SO2, NOX, Lead, Ozone, Biogenic topics were all discussed.
- Mr. Hocks from Cemex did an excellent job of viewing the National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPS) from an Industry Perspective. In his presentation Mr. Hocks covered emission limitations and provision standards, initial notifications, applicability issues, compliance monitoring, performance testing, operation and maintenance plans, notifications of compliance status, compliance certification, recordkeeping and reporting, startup shutdown malfunction plans, and control device and work practice requirements.
- Mr. Houser and Ms. Hale gave presentations on OEPA’s Beneficial Use program related to waste management, universal waste and the definition of solid & hazardous waste.
- Several additional meetings are planned for 2013. Look for e-mails announcing our upcoming meeting schedule.
- As always, we welcome the opportunity to come together as a group, to network, learn, and share technical, regulatory, business and related thoughts to advance our continuing education as environmental leaders! We welcome your involvement as a Southwest Ohio Chapter (SWOC) Air & Waste Management member.
Call for New Members
Please contact Bob McCullough of QSEM Solutions! at email@example.com or 513-742-8888 to refer and sign up potential new members so that they can be part of the positive experiences that we offer in our Chapter. Lets all do our part to ramp up membership in our chapter to amplify the A&WMA experience!